Construction work during Olympics
Construction work at King's Cross will continue during the summer and the Olympic Games. However, King's Cross has had discussions with Camden Council, Transport for London, the Olympic Delivery Manager and our four principal contractors regarding working practices in and around the development during the Olympic Games, to reduce the traffic impact of the site at what will be a very busy time.
Construction work and deliveries to and from the site will, where necessary, begin earlier and end earlier (6am to 3pm) to avoid peak busy periods in the day. As a result, if we need deliveries to take place to and from the site, they will not cause additional congestion issues in the local area.
The following programme/actions will also be implemented for the duration of the Games:
- There will be no site entrance in use during the day on Pancras Road, to keep this road free flowing for both pedestrians using the station to travel to and from the Olympic Park, and for traffic.
- All access to Zone B, the site directly between the two stations, will instead be off Goods Way, to keep Pancras Road free.
- All work on the square outside King's Cross staion will be suspended during the Games.
- There may be some works at night - however these will not involve any noisy activity.
- Some deliveries to and from the site may also take place at night to further reduce any traffic congestion.
This programme will take effect for the duration of the Games.